Updating in RDO
Author Message
 Updating in RDO

Q: When I update an rdo recordsource, the new row doesn't appear unless I
Close and then recreate the recordsource.  I believe it has someting to do
with cursors but have no idea what to do to make this more dynamic.  I am
using SQLServer by the way.

        -brian

Sat, 20 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Updating in RDO

I've had this problem when adding a new record to a resultset. I've tried
all kinds of cursors without any success. The only way is to requery the
resultset after an update.

sashi

Sun, 21 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Updating in RDO

Quote:

>I've had this problem when adding a new record to a resultset. I've tried
>all kinds of cursors without any success. The only way is to requery the
>resultset after an update.

>sashi

This is a common problem. The record is added at the end of the
resultset and not in key (select) order, depending on the cursortype
chosen.

You should always requery after an add to get the resultset back into
order.

Doug
--
Doug Gibbard,
Lincoln England

Sun, 04 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Server Update with RDO

2. Problem with updating a rdo Result set!!!

3. SQL Server Update with RDO

4. Update problem RDO <-> SQL Server 6.5 via ODBC

5. 2nd SQL Server update after update text field corrupts row - using RDO

6. Unable to update DB/2 on AS/400 via VB.50 using RDO

7. Updating records through RDO

8. Simple RDO add/update question

9. RDO/VB5 Illegal resultset state for update, fixed?

10. rdo-->ODBC-->SQL6.0 (Errors on Addnew, Update)

11. RDO, SQL Server and error on Update

12. Stored Procedures vs. RDO .Edit for updates