Assigning a Recordset to a Data Control in VB 5.0
Author Message
 Assigning a Recordset to a Data Control in VB 5.0

    I used to work with VB 4.0, and I usually assign a recordset to the
recordset property of the Data Control as follows,
    Set data1.recordset = myrecordset

    Now I'm working with VB 5.0 Professional Edition, and when I do this the
system give me the message "Set no supported. Read only property" and in
then Dbengine.Errors(0) "Operation is not supported for this type of
object".

    If you know the answer to this problem, please send me an  e-mail  to

    Thank you very  much

                                Edgardo Skakovsky

Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Assigning a Recordset to a Data Control in VB 5.0

Quote:

>    I used to work with VB 4.0, and I usually assign a recordset to the
>recordset property of the Data Control as follows,
>    Set data1.recordset = myrecordset

>    Now I'm working with VB 5.0 Professional Edition, and when I do this the
>system give me the message "Set no supported. Read only property" and in
>then Dbengine.Errors(0) "Operation is not supported for this type of
>object".

If you upgraded this application from VB4 then you may not be using
DAO350.

Make sure that you have selected to use DAO version 3.5, and none of
the 2.x to 3.2 or 2.5 compatability layers.

- Code Gurus: Custom solutions programmed for your business.
- Fair rates, fast response, rock-solid code. Initial consultation free.
- Visual Basic, Tiered databases, Java, Perl, Internet programming.

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Assigning a recordset from an ActiveX component to a Data Control

2. Type mismatch error when assigning a recordset to a data control (VB5)

3. Type mismatch error when assigning a recordset to a data control (VB5)

4. Problems assigning a DAO-recordset to a data control - Need help

5. Type mismatch error when assigning a recordset to a data control (VB5)

6. VB 5.0 Data Bound Controls and VFP 5.0 Databases

7. Problems with ADODB.Recordset objects and with the ADODC data control (recordset property) [Specificially when assigning a dynamically created RS to the RS property of the ADO data control]

8. Assigning Null Values to data bound fields using remote data control

9. Assigning recordset recodset to a user Defined Data Type

10. Assigning sentence error with VB 5.0 with SP3

11. Problem with VB 5.0 data control and access 2000

12. VB 5.0 data control trappable error