MS Access 7 Database on Network and VB5 Multi User Access Problem
Author Message
 MS Access 7 Database on Network and VB5 Multi User Access Problem

I've created a Database with Microsoft Access and can query it across the
network with a VB application I created.  I can log onto our NT server
network on another machine with my username, install the application and
it will run on both machines.

When I install this VB application on other machines with different
username, I get the following error.

Run-Time error '3051'
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file
'L:\<filename>.mdb.  It is already opened exclusivly by another user or
you need permision to view it's data.

My code in VB to locate db is as follows:
Dim MyDB As Database
Set MyDB = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase(<database>, False, True)

Users have network read/write access to the location of the database.

Is this a VB problem?
Is it a NT network problem?

Thanks

Fri, 30 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem's accessing multi-user Access'97 database from within MTS

2. Integrity issues with multi-user MS Access database

3. Integrity issues with multi-user MS Access database

4. VB5/Access multi-user problems

5. Problems with multi-user access to a database

6. access to MS ACCESS database in a simple peer to peer network

7. Access 2 And VB 3.0 Multi users by Network

8. Multi User MS Access Application

9. Multi-User MS Access Question

10. Multi-user MS Access question

11. Regarding Accessing External database using MS-Access and MS-Visual Basic

12. Multi-user access with recordsets in VB5