How do I exclude duplicate database records
Author Message
 How do I exclude duplicate database records

Quote:

> Hi there,

> I use VB 3.0 pro & Windows 3.1. and am cross posting in
> comp.lang.basic.visual.misc.

> I am trying to extract records from a database but want to exclude
> duplicates.

> I have read about the method/argument used for this exercise but can't
> for the fife of me find it just when I need to use it.

> Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Use SQL and check in help for the sql statement DISTINCT.

Andreas Swensson

Sun, 23 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I exclude duplicate database records

Use distinct in your SQL query.

Regards,
Kenneth.

Quote:

>Hi there,

>I use VB 3.0 pro & Windows 3.1. and am cross posting in
>comp.lang.basic.visual.misc.

>I am trying to extract records from a database but want to exclude
>duplicates.

>I have read about the method/argument used for this exercise but can't
>for the fife of me find it just when I need to use it.

>Can someone point me in the right direction please.

>Many thanks in advance.

>Frank White

>Voice 61 8 9455 3475
>or      61 8 9455 3530
>Fax   61 8 9455 6767

>-------------------------------------

Sun, 23 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I exclude duplicate database records

Use the select distinct SQl syntax:

SELECT DISTINCT field1, field2, WHERE .....

Decio

Quote:

>Hi there,

>I use VB 3.0 pro & Windows 3.1. and am cross posting in
>comp.lang.basic.visual.misc.

>I am trying to extract records from a database but want to exclude
>duplicates.

>I have read about the method/argument used for this exercise but can't
>for the fife of me find it just when I need to use it.

>Can someone point me in the right direction please.

>Many thanks in advance.

>Frank White

>Voice 61 8 9455 3475
>or      61 8 9455 3530
>Fax   61 8 9455 6767

>-------------------------------------

Sun, 23 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I exclude duplicate database records

Hi there,

I use VB 3.0 pro & Windows 3.1. and am cross posting in
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc.

I am trying to extract records from a database but want to exclude
duplicates.

I have read about the method/argument used for this exercise but can't
for the fife of me find it just when I need to use it.

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Many thanks in advance.

Frank White

Voice 61 8 9455 3475
or      61 8 9455 3530
Fax   61 8 9455 6767

-------------------------------------

Sun, 23 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I exclude duplicate database records

2. I am getting duplicate records, I mean everything is duplicate even Access record number

3. Exclude a record from a database in SQL statement

4. Database - duplicate records

5. Removing Duplicate Records in a Database.recordset

6. Delete duplicate records from two databases.

7. Removing duplicate records in a database.

8. Keep track of excludes for each record

9. Complex queries - excluding records on some, but not all, of the field list

10. excluding certain records at runtime

11. Excluding deleted dBASE records

12. Keep Track of Excluded Users for each Record