Text File (fixed-length) to load Table
Author Message
 Text File (fixed-length) to load Table

Can anyone point me to a book or code that explains in first-time
developer language
(simple English) how to move data from a fixed-length text file to a
Table of exactly the
same data field lengths in VB.  Code examples would also be
appreciated.  I have looked
at the Help topics relating to this process, but I cannot understand
where to place the
code examples found in Help.
Thanks in advance.
Dean

Sat, 11 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Text File (fixed-length) to load Table

How about the "Import" function off the menu bar?

Quote:
>Can anyone point me to a book or code that explains in first-time
>developer language
>(simple English) how to move data from a fixed-length text file to a
>Table of exactly the
>same data field lengths in VB.  Code examples would also be
>appreciated.  I have looked
>at the Help topics relating to this process, but I cannot understand
>where to place the
>code examples found in Help.
>Thanks in advance.
>Dean

-----------------------
James Summers
Befuddled VB and Access programmmer

Sat, 11 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Building a fixed length ASCII text file out of wrapping file

2. Newbie: creating a fixed-line-length file from a variable-line-length file

3. Fixed-length formatted text files...

4. Data Access with fixed length text files

5. need help writing to fixed length text files

6. Crystal reports on fixed length text file

7. Open fixed length text file into a template?

8. Attaching to a fixed length text file.

9. Export an Access table to a text (fixed width) file

10. Help! Exporting table to Fixed-Width Text file

11. Converting a Fixed Width text file to an access database table

12. Formatting fixed length text for SAP