Updating a data environment and flex-grid at run-time
Author Message
 Updating a data environment and flex-grid at run-time

I have a Data Environment, call it deMyDatabase, with a connection to
a database, conMyDatabase.  In the connection I have a command,
Renters, which connects to the RenterInfo table in my Access database.
The command also has a sub-command, MonthlyPayments, which connects to
the MonthlyPayments table in my database.

On my form I have an MSHFlexGrid, which is linked to the Renters
command.  The flex grid is set to display combined data from the
Renters table and the MonthlyPayments table, so I can see the list of
monthly payments for each renter.

Question:  When I add a new tenant at run-time, or modify tenant
information, how do I dynamically tell the MSHFlexGrid to update?

I am updating the database using another form, with an ado control
that connects to the database.  In my update subroutine, I need a
command that tells the flex grid -- or that tells the Data Environment
commands, which feed the flex grid -- to go back to the database, and
read the updated data (and show it in the grid, of course).

I have tried a variety of commands, such as
deMyDatabase.rsRenters.Update
deMyDatabase.rsRenters.Resync

.Update simply does nothing.
.Resync gives me the error message:  "Insufficient table information
for updating or refreshing."
There is no .Refresh command.  I have tried other plausible methods,
to no avail.  Any suggestions?

Steve O.

Fri, 21 May 2004 12:03:11 GMT
[...]

Sat, 22 May 2004 12:17:42 GMT

1. Updating a data environment and flex-grid at run-time

2. 2 questions: Updating a data environment and flex-grid at run-time, and boolean values on reports

3. Data Environment / Data Report / Changing database file at run time

4. MNS VB 6.0 Data Environment and Data Report Run time problem

5. Urgent - Run time editing of the MS Flex Grid Control

6. Data environment Bound Grid with parameter command UPDATE problem

7. data grids/ms flex grids

8. flex grid or data grid or neither?

9. Run time + Data Environment (VB6)

10. Setting Data Environment at run-time

11. Data Environment Report Wont Run a 2nd Time

12. How do I set Data Environment connection at run time