Text Data Driver
Author Message
 Text Data Driver

Hi everyone,
I have a classic catch 22 situation hopefully someone can help me.

I have just installed office 97 on a machine which prevoiusly had Access 95
installed using Windows 95.

However, when I run access it does not offer text as an option for importing
external data. Going into the ODBC via the control panel I fiind the driver
odbcjt32.dll installed for text. Also it says the original CD must be used
to remove the DLL.

The office setup procedure in the data components option stated that the
text driver was already installed and would not let me reinstall it. (The
option is grey out with status = Installed)

So I assume that I have to remove the current driver before installing the
Office 97 driver to allow Access to use the import external text data. The
problem is that I do not know what CD was used to install the current
driver. So how can I remove the current driver without the CD to install the
new one? Or is there a way to let Access use the current driver.

Thanks in advance,
Todd Cooper.

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using the Microsoft Text Driver to import data into Access

2. CSV/Text driver and data types

3. ADO, text driver - ADO picks wrong data type...

4. Using the Microsoft Text Driver to import data into Access

5. How to see first line as data with ADO+ODBC/Microsoft Text Driver

6. * Microsoft Text Driver as an ODBC driver

7. [ODC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

8. [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

9. VB Text Database driver / reading text files

10. using isam text driver to open comma delimited text file

11. Can the ADO Text Driver Update Text Files?

12. text ISAM driver re/install problem