Running a VB4 application accessing JET DB without installation (from CD-ROM)
Author Message
 Running a VB4 application accessing JET DB without installation (from CD-ROM)

Hello,

    I have a VB4 application that should run from a CD-ROM, so no need
to be installed. For every additional control there is no problem, but
when I try to access a JET DB (using the DBEngine object) I obtain a
'not defined' error.

    Surely I'm missing something, but what?

    Please, answer also in e-mail.

    Thanks for your help

        Cris

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Running a VB4 application accessing JET DB without installation (from CD-ROM)

Quote:

> Chris,

> What version of VB4 16-bit or 32-bit?

> If it is 32-bit, you are probably missing the DAO references in the
> registry.

> Ahmed.

> >Hello,

> >    I have a VB4 application that should run from a CD-ROM, so no need
> >to be installed. For every additional control there is no problem, but
> >when I try to access a JET DB (using the DBEngine object) I obtain a
> >'not defined' error.

> >    Surely I'm missing something, but what?

The appropriate Jet database engine (various DLLs, etc.) must have
been installed to \Windows\System, as well as the Registry changes. If
the right version of Access has previously been installed to your
system, this probably isn't your problem.
--
Pat O'Connell
Take nothing but pictures, Leave nothing but footprints,

Thu, 31 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Running a VB4 application accessing JET DB without installation (from CD-ROM)

Chris,

What version of VB4 16-bit or 32-bit?

If it is 32-bit, you are probably missing the DAO references in the
registry.

Ahmed.

Quote:
>Hello,

>    I have a VB4 application that should run from a CD-ROM, so no need
>to be installed. For every additional control there is no problem, but
>when I try to access a JET DB (using the DBEngine object) I obtain a
>'not defined' error.

>    Surely I'm missing something, but what?

>    Please, answer also in e-mail.

>    Thanks for your help

>        Cris

Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running a VB4 application accessing JET DB without installation (from CD-ROM)

2. Producing Access-DB on CD Rom with JET - Read Only Error

3. Accessing file from one CD-ROM in a multiple CD-ROM system

4. installation and running an app from cd-rom

5. Accessing Access DB on a Cd-Rom

6. Running an Application Directly from a CD-ROM

7. How to use Access-db on CD-ROM?

8. Problem using a MS Access DB on a CD-Rom

9. Accessing Cd rom data from VB application

10. How to change Multi Media CD-ROM in two or more CD-ROM system

11. Accessing CD-Rom drive in Run Time

12. VB4 16bit App runs from CD without installing components into windows\system