ADO ADO ADO ADO ADO VB examples / samples book wanted
Author Message
 ADO ADO ADO ADO ADO VB examples / samples book wanted

I am desperate for any simple sample code that will enable me to port my
existing database apps to ADO
can anyboy help?
Steve Griffin

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO ADO ADO ADO ADO VB examples / samples book wanted

Steve, hope this helps.  Sorry if I'm giving info that you already
have/know...
I assume you are looking for a good book?  So am I.
The latest ones from Microsoft Press are pretty good.  I'll post some names
later.
Are you having probs with RDO or DAO usinr ODBC Direct?  I prefer ADO myself
but RDO2 and ODBC Direct are much more robust than standard DAO.
Right now, I'm looking at a copy of "Active Visual Basic 5.0" and it has
some good stuff.  I won this copy last Comdex in Atlanta by screaming louder
than anyone else I guess.  Also, theres a lot of good ADO info in the
Keystone Visual Basic 5.x training video series.
Lastly, I've just picked up a copy of The Official M$ Guide to Site
Server...  It has a lot of good info on ADO since thats what you have to use
with M$ Commerce Server sites.

Hope this helped some,
Dave Stinnett
Get IPMaster 2                             www.dsasystems.com/IPMaster.htm
Free demos now available!

Quote:
>I am desperate for any simple sample code that will enable me to port my
>existing database apps to ADO
>can anyboy help?
>Steve Griffin

Thu, 10 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO ADO ADO ADO ADO VB examples / samples book wanted

Try this site http://www.microsoft.com/data/ado.  Download the ADO and SQL
Server Developers Guide, it has some sample code.  Also take a look at the
other documents.

Quote:

> I am desperate for any simple sample code that will enable me to port my
> existing database apps to ADO
> can anyboy help?
> Steve Griffin

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO Control against ADO 2.1 and ADO 2.0

2. ADO, SQL Server, VB problem posted to the microsoft.public.data.ado group as well

3. ADO Date Fields (ADO 2.1, VB 6, Oracle 8)

4. Wanted - Sample DB2 + ADO Insert using fields collection

5. ADO To ADO.NET

6. Diference between ADO and ADO.NET?

7. ADO and ADO.NET

8. Recreate ADO Recorset in ADO.NET

9. ADO Connection & ADO FillDataSet

10. Hierarchical ADO recordset -> ADO.NET Dataset Fill

11. Bind an ado recordset directly to an ado data control (adodc)

12. ADO Parent Child - John Connell ADO Rewrite???