How to open a recordset - ADO and dBase ODBC
Author Message
 How to open a recordset - ADO and dBase ODBC

I am trying to add a record to a dBase database via ADO.  I am using ODBC.
I am having trouble opening a recordset.

The format of the Open method from the documentation is:

recordset.Open Source, ActiveConnection, CursorType, LockType, Options

Since the dBase database doesn't have tables, what do I need to specify for
Source and Options?  Doing this with Jet is easy, but dBase has me stumped.

Thanks,
Nathan Nichols

Sun, 10 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Prompting DSN and opening recordset in ADO (Oracle via ODBC)

2. Open ADO recordset on another ADO recordset - possible?

3. Opening .DBF (dBASE) file as ODBC datasource

4. Export ADO recordset via ODBC (to ADO monsters)

5. Export ADO recordset via ODBC (to ADO monsters)

6. Problem with dBase IV ODBC access via ADO

7. SQL queries with ODBC, ADO, and dBase

8. Problem with dBase IV ODBC access via ADO

9. ADO fails to release Recordset cursor after opening disconnected Recordset

10. Opening an ADOX Catalog Whilst ADO Recordset is Open

11. Multiple opens to a DBASE DB fails via ADO

12. opening dBASE files with ADO