Parametrized SQL-queries with ODBC interface
Author Message
 Parametrized SQL-queries with ODBC interface

Hello !

I've got a problem with parametrized SQL-query using ODBC interface.
This is somewhat what I'm trying to do:

stmt.Sql = "SELECT * FROM users WHERE username = ?"

stmt.Compile( )
While Not done
   'bind a value to '?'
   stmt.Bind( "Stroustrup" )
   stmt.Execute( )
   'handle result set
Wend

This isn't what it should look like in VB, but the idea should be clear.
Note that I'm using ODBC and I rather don't want to use stored procedures
( especially if they can't be removed from database using ODBC interface in VB )

Thanks

Pasi Salminen

Thu, 26 Jun 1997 22:55:15 GMT

1. SQLBase, ODBC and Parametrized Queries

2. Executing parametrized queries in ADODC component

3. Parametrized create table query

4. Crystal and parametrized queries

5. Parametrized Query with Optional TOP Predicate

6. VB crashe when calling parametrized query within dataEnvironment

7. calling Parametrized Access 2000 query

8. Parametrized Query

9. VB/ADO parametrized queries

10. HELP: Parametrized union queries don't work with Jet 4.0

11. parametrized query

12. Did SQL + ODBC Query Succeed?