Please help---can't get vb3 setup wizard to create subdirectories
Author Message
 Please help---can't get vb3 setup wizard to create subdirectories

Although I add subdirectory files in the setup wizard add/remove screen,  The
setup disk does not place them into subdirectories when I install on another
computer.  Is it possible to make the setup wizard create the proper
subdirectories?

Sat, 18 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Please help---can't get vb3 setup wizard to create subdirectories

Quote:
barberio) writes:

>Although I add subdirectory files in the setup wizard add/remove screen,
The

>setup disk does not place them into subdirectories when I install on
another
>computer.  Is it possible to make the setup wizard create the proper
>subdirectories?

You misunderstand what teh Wiz does.  When you add/remove files from sub
dirs in the Wiz, it simply adds them to the install process...ie copies
them from floppy tot he fixed disk.  Yu need to go in and change the code
if you want files to be laced in a certain dir.

You should also be aware it makes sence to make conditional install files.
For instance, I altered the Wiz template to only install README and a .LIC
if they exist.  If they do not, then the process does not fail.

-HTH
- Mike

Sun, 19 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Seeking Help on VB3's Setup Wizard under Win 95

2. Setup Wizard VB5 URGENT Guru's Please Help

3. VB3: Setup wizard - Bag 'o S#IT$

4. Subdirectories using Setup Wizard ????

5. Wizard created disks don't work - help please

6. Can't get VB Setup Wizard to create Start/Program group

7. VB3 Setup Wizard problems - appreciate some help

8. vb3.0 setup wizard help

9. After VB4.0, VB3 Setup Wizard does not work...HELP

10. Create Subdirectories with Setup.exe

11. VB6 my setup program created with the setup wizard is SLOW

12. GPF running SETUP.EXE that VB5 Setup Wizard created