Help: index search with integer key fields
Author Message
 Help: index search with integer key fields

Hi:

I am using VB4 16 bit to connect a Btrieve table now.  The problem is
I need to search the table with 2 integer key fields.  How do I write the
the "seek" code?

For example:
The Btrieve table include field "Customer Number" and "Invoice Number"
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                 Integer type          Integer Type
index key is "Customer number" + "Invoice Number"

In VB program:

Set Db = OpenDatabase....
Set T = Db.OpenTable....

T.seek "=", ????
            ^^^^
            How do I put two Integers field in one variable?

I call the VB technical support and they suggest me to attach the table to
an Access database, but I need to modify the table in multi-user mode.

Any kind of suggestion or idea is appreciated!

Steven Chi(please email to me)

Tue, 16 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. remove index from field or delete a indexed field

2. I can't add a key (index) on two fields using VB

3. Use of Find to search a Multi-Field Primary Key

4. Fast SQL searches to retrieve non-key fields

5. Search Char By Char Like MS Index Searches

6. ADOX.Indexes/ADOX.Key/Foreign Keys

7. How to Join char field to integer field ?

8. Need help concerning keys/indexes

9. Help, Concatenated Indexes (primary keys)

10. Help : Index search a Database in DAO

11. Help, Concatenated Indexes (primary keys)

12. index/search window for help file