Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine
Author Message
 Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine

I'm trying to access a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet
Engine in VB5/6 with Data-controls and found no way of prividing the
username / password.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine
The password is provided in the open/connect string.  Check you help
manuals, basically after the connect string, you use pwd:password.

HTH
Wendy

Quote:

>I'm trying to access a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet
>Engine in VB5/6 with Data-controls and found no way of prividing the
>username / password.

>Any ideas?

>Thanks in advance,

>Martin

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine
Martin,

If you've simply used a database password (as opposed to different users)
then
when you're opening the database use a connect string of ";PWD=mypassword"
(note the semicolon - very important).

If you're trying to connect as a specific user then use a connect string of
"UID=myuser;PWD=mypassword" (replacing myuser and mypassword
appropriately).

Hope that helps,

Dougie Henderson.

Quote:

>I'm trying to access a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet
>Engine in VB5/6 with Data-controls and found no way of prividing the
>username / password.

>Any ideas?

>Thanks in advance,

>Martin

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem using Access 97 Password protected Database in VB

2. Problem using Access 97 Password protected Database in VB

3. Jet engine loses 10 records when first opening an Access 97 database

4. Password protected database (Access 97)

5. DAO 3.5 opendatabase method and password protected Access 97 databases

6. Password Protected Access 97 Database

7. Access 97 Password protect hurdle using VB6

8. How to link a password protected Excel 97 Spreadsheet to Access 97

9. Access 97 Tables are not being seen by Jet DB Engine But they are there

10. Accessing Access 2.0 database with VB3, ODBC 2.0 and Microsotf Jet Engine Compatibility Layer

11. Problem using Access 97 Database Password in Visual Basic 6.0

12. Problem using Access 97 Database Password in Visual Basic 6.0