Crystal Reports and Secure Access Tables
Author Message
 Crystal Reports and Secure Access Tables

I am using Crystal Reports 4.5 and access 2.0. My access tables are
secured and I would like to open them and run them crystal reports.
Could any body tell me how to do this.

Tue, 29 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports and Secure Access Tables

Quote:

>I am using Crystal reports 4.5 and access 2.0. My access tables are
>secured and I would like to open them and run them crystal reports.
>Could any body tell me how to do this.

You will have to update your CRW.ini, VB.ini,  and msacc20.ini file to
reflect the path of the system mda, or else Crystal won't be able to
read your security:

SystemDB = <path\system.mdb>

Thu, 31 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports and Secure Access Tables

 on Sun, 14 Jul 1996 00:53:33 GMT,

Quote:

>>I am using Crystal reports 4.5 and access 2.0. My access tables are
>>secured and I would like to open them and run them crystal reports.
>>Could any body tell me how to do this.

>You will have to update your CRW.ini, VB.ini,  and msacc20.ini file to
>reflect the path of the system mda, or else Crystal won't be able to
>read your security:

>SystemDB = <path\system.mdb>

I will have to check it, but as far as I know, you don't need to change
all that INI files, since there are properties and sentences that 'work
for you' if you put them in your programs:
- Related to CRW.INI
  Before using Action=1 to print/preview the report, you would have to assign
  the corresponding values to the properties 'User' and 'Password' of THAT
  report (I apologize if that aren't the EXACT names of the properties but
  I don't have here CRW to confirm it)
  It's important that you would have to check OFF the option to validate the
  database on every print when you design the report.
- Related to VB.INI
  At the beginning of the application, use the sentence SetDefaultWorkSpace.
  That allows you to define the userid and password to connect to Access.
  Of course, read the manuals for more information...
- Related to MSACC20.INI
  Probably this change will be neccesary, though I'm not sure if the use of
  something else would avoid it.

Anyway, I have post this since I'm just developing an application with this
features so if I am wrong or any of the superb-wonderful-nice-kind-friendly
people that knows a better way, please LET US KNOW (just before I try the
first installation and I find that it doesn't work... gulp 8-( )

Fri, 01 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports and Secure Access Tables

I solved this just today, by
ctlreport.username="username"
ctlreport.password="password"

where:
clreport is the crystal VBX on your form.

Campbel Maffett
Australia

Tue, 05 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports and Secure Access Tables

2. CRYSTAL REPORTS AND SECURE ACCESS DATABASE

3. Problem accessing Access 2000 tables from Crystal Reports 7 with SP1

4. Crystal Report cannot see new field that is added to MS Access table

5. Crystal Reports - Changing Access Tables at runtime

6. Crystal Reports - Fields from linked Access Tables ??

7. Help!!! Crystal Reports, Access table with OLE fields

8. How to crystal report from secure MDB??

9. Secure database and Crystal Reports

10. Using Secured *.mdb's with Crystal Reports

11. Crystal Reports and Secured Database

12. Crystal Reports and secured database