How to write Threads in VB5.0
Author Message
 How to write Threads in VB5.0

Hi,

Can some one please tell me how can we use threads in VB5.0 an Exapmle
would be great.

Thanking you in advance ... please email me the answer on the following
email address:

---Masoud

****  Name  : Masoud Zia Khan           Dept : Computer Engineering (?)  ****

****  WWW   : http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mzk1/Masoud                  ****
****  " Winners Never Quit...  Quitters Never Win...."                         ****

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to write Threads in VB5.0

Look in the sample files of VB5 for the coffee pot example. It is a really
simple
example of multithreading and async. communications. Good start.

Ciao,
 AMOR

Quote:

> Hi,

> Can some one please tell me how can we use threads in VB5.0 an Exapmle
> would be great.

> Thanking you in advance ... please email me the answer on the following
> email address:

> ---Masoud

*
*
Quote:
> ****  Name  : Masoud Zia Khan              Dept : Computer Engineering (?)  ****

> ****  WWW   : http://www.ee.msstate.edu/~mzk1/Masoud                     ****
> ****  " Winners Never Quit...  Quitters Never Win...."                    ****

*
*

Thu, 03 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to write Threads in VB5.0

Hello Masoud,

Threading and VB 5.0 seem to be the hot thing to talk about over the last
several months.  Here are some places to look for more information:

Look for an article in Visual Basic Programmer's Journal May 1997 issue
(Vol. 7, No. 6) called "Create Multithreaded Objects" by
Ibrahim Malluf.  It has a fairly complete explanation of Apartment Model
Threading with VB objects.  For API threading, check out VBPJ's July 1997
issue (Vol. 7 No 8).  The "Black Belt Programming" column has an article
called "Give Your Code Some New Threads" by Hank Marquis.  He builds a
simple CThread class that you can use to create threads in VB 5.0.

Also, check out the August 1997 (Vol. 12, No 8) issue of Microsoft Systems
Journal (MSJ).  One of the three main articles in this months issue is
called "Ingenious Ways to Implement Multiple Threads in Visual Basic 5.0,
Part I" by John Robbins.  This article covers all the basics of using Win32
threading in a VB 5.0 application, including using signaling to terminate
threads gracefully.  It goes in to much further detail then the VBPJ article
on Win32 threading with VB.

All these articles have associated code and example applications.  I hope
this helps,

--

Larry R. Tubbs Jr., MCPS, MCSD
Silverleaf Resorts Inc, NYSE: SVR

http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/5727/

Masoud Z. Khan wrote in article ...

Quote:

>Hi,

>Can some one please tell me how can we use threads in VB5.0 an Exapmle
>would be great.

>Thanking you in advance ... please email me the answer on the following
>email address:

>---Masoud

**
**
>****  Name  : Masoud Zia Khan Dept : Computer Engineering (?)  ****

>****  WWW   : http://www.ee.msstate.edu/~mzk1/Masoud          ****
>****  " Winners Never Quit...  Quitters Never Win...."          ****
**
**

Fri, 04 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Writing to a File in a New Thread

2. Write to a log file using a new thread

3. Writing a threaded Service...

4. Help : Multi-Threading in VB5 (Serv Pack3)

5. VB5 - How to make a thread

6. multi threading and vb5 professional editition

7. Do vb5 timers run on seperate threads?

8. What controls code that threads in VB5....

9. MsgBox in a different thread, problems with VB5

10. Multi-Threading in VB5 developed Client/Server's

11. VB5 Threads

12. Multi Threading in VB5?