Help. DAO 3197 error with single user
Author Message
 Help. DAO 3197 error with single user

Hi,

I am using vb3 against a SQL Server v6.5 database and keep getting the
following error :-

Error 3197 data has changed, operation stopped.

All I am doing at the time is the following :-

I create a dynaset on form load and populate with a single record from SQL
Server. I then make changes on screen and save my changes by :-

        dynaset.edit
        move txtbox information to dynaset
        dynaset.update

This works fine on the first update but If I make additional changes and
try to save with the above procedure, I get the 3197 error when the code
hits the dynaset.edit statement. On the 3rd save everything works OK again
and on the 4th I get the error again etc...

Looking at the developers CD, it says that another user has changed the
record in question in between my edit and update statement. This connot be
so as It is still in development and I'm the only one with access to the
database.

I can get round the problem by checking for 3197 err and then issuing
another edit statement, but this seems to be the wrong way to go about it.

Has anyone had the above problem and if so how did you sort it?

Thanks in advance,

Ian.

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. 3197 dao error

2. MS DAO Error Message 3197

3. Error 3197 with DAO and Access

4. Run-Time Error 3197 - please help its driving me insane

5. Error - 3197 - Please help

6. Error 3197

7. Error 3197?

8. Puzzling Error - 3197 - Jet Stopped Process?

9. error using recordset.edit method (3197)

10. recordset.edit method won't work (error 3197)

11. 3197 Error Updating an ODBC Datasource

12. Error 3197 on a stand_alone pc