Jet/Access: change field size in VB code???
Author Message
 Jet/Access: change field size in VB code???

I need use VB code to change the field size property in an existing Access
database table (it contains data).  I've found and successfully used code to
append a new field to a table, but I can't seem to find a way to edit the field
size
property of an existing field.  Surely this can be done!  It can be done
directly through Access, but I need to do it through VB code.  Can anyone tell
how??

My thanks,
Rick

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Jet/Access: change field size in VB code???
you might find an ALTER TABLE statement in JET/SQL that will work.  I doubt
DAO alone will do the trick.

--
Randon Loeb - CIO, Technical Director
CTI Consulting & Training

954-971-6888
DO NOT ADD THIS ADDRESS TO JOKES OR OTHER LISTS

Quote:
> I need use VB code to change the field size property in an existing Access
> database table (it contains data).  I've found and successfully used code
> append a new field to a table, but I can't seem to find a way to edit the
field
> size
> property of an existing field.  Surely this can be done!  It can be done
> directly through Access, but I need to do it through VB code.  Can anyone
tell
> how??

> My thanks,
> Rick

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Jet/Access: change field size in VB code???
Randon,

Interesting angle.  I'll look into a SQL approach to this.  Thanks for the
thought!

Rick

Wed, 21 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB code to change Access DB field size???

2. how to change field size and delete field MS ACCESS/VB

3. VB 3.0 Changing the size of a text field in an Access database

4. Change Access 97 Field sizes using VB 6

5. Change table field size in code

6. Changing the size of an existing field through code

7. Changing text field size with code

8. Changing field size from code ?

9. Change field's Size property via code

10. changing field type/size in Access 97 using vb6

11. how change the size of a field in ACCESS With VB5

12. CHANGING SIZE OF FIELD IN ACCESS DATABASE !!!!