How to reset DBEngine?
Author Message
 How to reset DBEngine?

Hi all!

If I write the following:

        DBEngine.SystemDB = "my.mdw"
        DBEngine.SystemDB = "another.mdw",

the property still points to "my.mdw".

As I understand, I need to re-initialize DBEngine, and
then set the needed property anew.

Is it possible, and if yes - how I can do that?

Thanks in advance.

Sun, 04 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to reset DBEngine?

set dbEngine = Nothing

Quote:

> If I write the following:

>         DBEngine.SystemDB = "my.mdw"
>         DBEngine.SystemDB = "another.mdw",

> the property still points to "my.mdw".

> As I understand, I need to re-initialize DBEngine, and
> then set the needed property anew.

> Is it possible, and if yes - how I can do that?

> Thanks in advance.

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to reset DBEngine?

Quote:

>set dbEngine = Nothing

>> If I write the following:
>>         DBEngine.SystemDB = "my.mdw"
>>         DBEngine.SystemDB = "another.mdw",
>> the property still points to "my.mdw".
>> As I understand, I need to re-initialize DBEngine, and
>> then set the needed property anew.
>> Is it possible, and if yes - how I can do that?
>> Thanks in advance.

I tryed that - don't solve the problem.
The only solution I'm forced to use now is
restart the program itself - very unelegant though.

Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to reset DBEngine?

Quote:

> >set dbEngine = Nothing

> >> If I write the following:
> >>         DBEngine.SystemDB = "my.mdw"
> >>         DBEngine.SystemDB = "another.mdw",
> >> the property still points to "my.mdw".
> >> As I understand, I need to re-initialize DBEngine, and
> >> then set the needed property anew.
> >> Is it possible, and if yes - how I can do that?
> >> Thanks in advance.
> I tryed that - don't solve the problem.
> The only solution I'm forced to use now is
> restart the program itself - very unelegant though.

Hummmm...
Did you close systemDB first? - worked for me???

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Resetting the DBEngine.SystemDB after creating an Access application object

2. Reset without resetting

3. DBEngine & SystemDB property

4. dbEngine(0)(0) is the wrong file

5. DBEngine.CompactDatabase question

6. Q: DBEngine - vs- Workspace & transactions

7. DBEngine reference generates error.

8. Opendatabase vs. DBEngine(0)(0)

9. Error 3420 with DBEngine(0)(0)

10. DoEvents and DBEngine.Idle questions

11. Multiuser, CurrentDb, DBEngine and thee

12. 'DBEngine.Idle dbRefreshCache' ERROR