HELP with MS Report Writer and report not pulling current data
Author Message
 HELP with MS Report Writer and report not pulling current data

I am new at using MS's Report Writer and am having problems getting the
report to pull the current data.  The table being input is getting created
correctly, but it continues to either show me old data, or no data at all.
HELP!!!!   I know that this is just a "Refresh" issue, but I don't know how
to force the report to refresh the data before printing...

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP with MS Report Writer and report not pulling current data
I hope I have not replied to this already, anyway, here is a code
snippet from an application that I am working on, place the code in
your DataReport  Initialize Event, of course you will need to modify
it to suit your needs.. Henry

Private Sub DataReport_Initialize()
On Error GoTo Err
'if not open then open the recordset, needed only if the recordset has
never been initialized

DataConnODBC.rsSQLAmbDisc.Open
DataConnODBC.rsSQLAmbDisc.Requery
'refresh data for report

Exit Sub
Err:
'if the recordset has been opened then just refresh the data for the
report
DataConnODBC.rsSQLAmbDisc.Requery
End Sub

On Tue, 06 Oct 1998 16:52:16 GMT, "Robin Collins"

Quote:

>I am new at using MS's Report Writer and am having problems getting the
>report to pull the current data.  The table being input is getting created
>correctly, but it continues to either show me old data, or no data at all.
>HELP!!!!   I know that this is just a "Refresh" issue, but I don't know how
>to force the report to refresh the data before printing...

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. !VB 4.0 and Crystal Report not getting Current Data

2. Data Report does not match current table

3. !VB 4.0 and Crystal Report not getting Current Data

4. Report Columns in MS Data Report

5. printing without crystal report or data report for non data base reports

6. Crystal Report vs MS Data Report Designer

7. Active Reports, Crystal other Web report writers??

8. Reports writer / generator - Diamond Reports TM

9. Reports writer / generator - Diamond Reports TM

10. Report Writers for Web Reporting

11. Crystal Reports vs Access Report Writer

12. Creating customized reports using Crystal Report writer