Corrupted .mdb? Data Missing in Some Fields
Author Message
 Corrupted .mdb? Data Missing in Some Fields

One of my users reports that some
data fields in an Access table of
10 text fields are empty after entering
the data in all of them, saving the
entries and then later, accessing the
data. This is a single-table database
created by VB3. No one else has ever
reported that problem.
Could this indicate that the
user's database is corrupted?
Graham

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Corrupted .mdb? Data Missing in Some Fields
It could be but the other possibility is that they may be trying to use an
SQL reserved character in one of the Text fields, a | or ' for example can
cause all sorts of problems.  I have found if you try to put in text like
Sue's then if you have error handling as well the record just does not get
added to the database.  Check what was in the fields!!

Quote:
> One of my users reports that some
> data fields in an Access table of
> 10 text fields are empty after entering
> the data in all of them, saving the
> entries and then later, accessing the
> data. This is a single-table database
> created by VB3. No one else has ever
> reported that problem.
> Could this indicate that the
> user's database is corrupted?
> Graham

Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Corrupt MDB "Tables Missing"

2. Missing Field data using ADO & dataGrid

3. Empty report field - where is the missing data?

4. Field Data Missing on Printout / Export

5. Missing/Corrupted DLL

6. Help. Severely Corrupt Mdb

7. Corrupt mdb and Permissions

8. Corrupting an Access97 MDB file.

9. Cannot Open my *.mdb file (it says error 3015 Indexes - but I think corrupted file)

10. urgent:trying to reapir mdb corrupted it

11. MDB regularly corrupts

12. Zipping MDB does not corrupt