vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report
Author Message
 vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

Well, I have finally got vb6 data reports to print in Landscape mode.
However, it is still impossible to Export (save) the report as Landscape,
still giving the same "Report width is greater than page width" error
message.

Does anyone know how to export a report in Landscape mode???

Chris.

Tue, 05 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report
I wonder if you could tell us how you got the report to print in landscape?
If you used the pageset.dll from MS site or something more clever?

Thanks,
Patrick Tallman

Quote:
> Well, I have finally got vb6 data reports to print in Landscape mode.
> However, it is still impossible to Export (save) the report as Landscape,
> still giving the same "Report width is greater than page width" error
> message.

> Does anyone know how to export a report in Landscape mode???

> Chris.

Fri, 08 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

Quote:
>Well, I have finally got vb6 data reports to print in Landscape mode.
>However, it is still impossible to Export (save) the report as Landscape,
>still giving the same "Report width is greater than page width" error
>message.

>Does anyone know how to export a report in Landscape mode???

Chris,

It sounds like you are experiencing the same problem that occurs in a
print preview, whereby the output is formatted based on the
orientation of the printer.  If you are using Pageset.dll as your
printer orientation component, try making a call to the PrinterControl
object of Pageset using a procedure such as this one:

Public Sub SetPrinterOrientation (intMode As Integer)
Dim obj As PageSet.PrinterControl, prtX As Printer

    On Error GoTo errorhandler

    Set obj = New PrinterControl
    If intMode = 2 Then
       obj.ChngOrientationLandscape
    Else
       obj.ChngOrientationPortrait
    End If

    On Error GoTo 0
    Exit Sub

errorhandler:
   MsgBox Err.Description

End Sub

BTW, you can get Pageset at:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q197/9/15.asp

Dan Ellenburg, MCSD
Independent Consultant
Visual Basic, Access

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

2. vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

3. vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

4. vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

5. VB6 data report-landscape

6. landscape in VB6 Data Report?

7. How Do I Print Data Reports in Landscape Mode from VB6 App

8. VB6 Data Report Designer - problems exporting to HTML

9. Data Reports Export Button vb6

10. VB6(SP5)+RDC6 and report data export to word

11. Exporting Doc in Crystal Report for Visual Studio .NET as landscape

12. printing without crystal report or data report for non data base reports