Check fot null-values in a find/filter of an ADO-recorset
Author Message
 Check fot null-values in a find/filter of an ADO-recorset

Quote:
> I want to find all the people that have no phone.
> But I can't use
> "phonenumber is Null" or something like that
> in a find or filter criteria of an ADO-rercordset can I???

        i'm just guessing, but would it be possible to use the LIKE operator;
"phonenumber not like '#*'" (i'm not sure of the format for like mask
strings, but that one is intended to return records where the first
character is not a number.)

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Check fot null-values in a find/filter of an ADO-recorset
I want to find all the people that have no phone.
But I can't use
"phonenumber is Null" or something like that
in a find or filter criteria of an ADO-rercordset can I???

Thanks
M. Remmen
QuadriX? System Design
Eindhoven
The Netherlands

Mon, 10 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Check fot null-values in a find/filter of an ADO-recorset
That was just an example...
It's about detecting Null values (that means undefined values) for a field
of a database.
So I think you didn't get the question.
Thanx anyway

M. Remmen
QuadriX? System Design
Eindhoven
The Netherlands

Quote:
>> I want to find all the people that have no phone.
>> But I can't use
>> "phonenumber is Null" or something like that
>> in a find or filter criteria of an ADO-rercordset can I???

> i'm just guessing, but would it be possible to use the LIKE operator;
>"phonenumber not like '#*'" (i'm not sure of the format for like mask
>strings, but that one is intended to return records where the first
>character is not a number.)

Mon, 10 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Check fot null-values in a find/filter of an ADO-recorset

Quote:
> I want to find all the people that have no phone.
> But I can't use
> "phonenumber is Null" or something like that
> in a find or filter criteria of an ADO-rercordset can I???

This again? Are DAOish things like IIf and & (forced string concatenation)
allowed in ADO?

Mon, 10 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Check fot null-values in a find/filter of an ADO-recorset
If you are using commands in the data environment and your *Database
Provider* supports a method of checking for nulls, then you can include this
in your SQL query, even though the query editor doesn't like it.  For
example, if you are using a Jet provider with ADO:

SELECT * FROM Customers WHERE IsNull(PhoneNumber)

I guess the same would apply programmatically.

Cheers

Andy

Quote:

>> I want to find all the people that have no phone.
>> But I can't use
>> "phonenumber is Null" or something like that
>> in a find or filter criteria of an ADO-rercordset can I???

!

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Returning identity value when using ADO Recorset...help

2. filter recordset for Null value

3. Nulls in ADO Filters

4. How to filter out zero values with check box

5. Checking for Null values - Help

6. How to check for null values especially dates

7. How do I check for a null value?

8. Check for Null value

9. checking for null value and setting it

10. Checking Null datafield value

11. Checking Null values

12. Checking Null values