Timeout expired
Author Message
 Timeout expired

Hello, I'm using a reference to ADO 2.6 in my project. The problem is that I
have set the connection timeout to 0 in the connection and still get the
"Timeout expired NR: -2147217871 HYT00" runtime error. Way?  I thought this
will hold the connection open  forever.

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:22:37 GMT
 Timeout expired
TimeOut is not meant for how long ADO Connection can be connected. It means
when ADO connection object tries to connect to a data store, how long it
will hang on to wait the connection established. If a conection cannot be
established within the time TimeOut sets, an error will be returned to
client. Usually, the TimeOut is set to 10 to 30 seconds. In your case, you
set it to 0, meaning the ADO doesn't even try to connect, time is out and an
error is reported.

Quote:
> Hello, I'm using a reference to ADO 2.6 in my project. The problem is that
> have set the connection timeout to 0 in the connection and still get the
> "Timeout expired NR: -2147217871 HYT00" runtime error. Way?  I thought
this
> will hold the connection open  forever.

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 03:21:12 GMT

1. Timeout Expired

2. Error # 5 Timeout expired

3. Timeout Expired Error

4. S1T00[Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER] TIMEOUT EXPIRED ?????????

5. ODBC Query Timeout expired, WHY ??

6. Error 3234: ODBC--remote query timeout expired

7. VB App slows to crawl, also TimeOut Expired

8. S1T00[Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER] TIMEOUT EXPIRED ????

9. Timeout Expired Error!!!

10. Timeout Expired (What is causing this???)

11. timeout expired

12. Timeout expired, [Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server]