What format is this ?
Author Message
 What format is this ?

Quote:

>I have been totally stumped by this for ages now.

>The problem is this.

>The below files are apparently database files that you can edit with Visual
>Basic so called. There is Team information including team name and player
>names. There is also " so ive been informed " the statistics of the players
>and teams in there as well. e.g kicking, running etc.. There are 3 files and
>im not sure how they piece together. There is a lot of garbage at the end of
>some of the files.

>Can anyone figure out exactly what is held within these files ?

>Thanks in advance..

The first portion of the teamdb.txt and playdb.txt files is lines of ASCII text
separated by CR/LF pairs.  That's readable with LINE INPUT.
The rest could be either numeric statistics or some type of index, but you would
need to know (or determine by testing) what the format actually is.

VB3 source code: http://www.*-*-*.com/
VB6 source code: http://www.*-*-*.com/
VB6 - MySQL how to: http://www.*-*-*.com/
Fix the obvious to reply by email.

Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:20:45 GMT
 What format is this ?
Dear all,
    Is it possible for a function that is built in Visual C++ to use it in
Visual Basic?  If so, how to do it?
   Best Regards,
    Gordon

Sun, 20 Mar 2005 00:02:22 GMT
 What format is this ?
The text in the beginning of each line between the [...]'s looks like the
colummn names and the rest of each line looks like the data.

You can probably use a file system object to read and write to these files.

Let me know if this is of help.
Bob Calvanese

Quote:
> I have been totally stumped by this for ages now.

> The problem is this.

> The below files are apparently database files that you can edit with
Visual
> Basic so called. There is Team information including team name and player
> names. There is also " so ive been informed " the statistics of the
players
> and teams in there as well. e.g kicking, running etc.. There are 3 files
and
> im not sure how they piece together. There is a lot of garbage at the end
of
> some of the files.

> Can anyone figure out exactly what is held within these files ?

> Thanks in advance..

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:59:11 GMT

1. Why am I losing html formatting?

2. Format date/time in DTPicker to display AM/PM or 24 hour time

3. #2:00:00 AM# Format

4. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

6. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

7. When is 5:00 AM not 5:00 AM? When it's 5:00 AM.

8. Macro - Format Text / Save As HTML / Format Source

9. Input format different from display format in a form

10. Not able to format with String.Format

11. .MOD OR .S3M FORMAT OR ANSI FORMAT

12. Format floppy with Windows format program