too large MDB
Author Message
 too large MDB

        The main database consist of identical attached table from other
24 MDB' tables, total to about 400 000+ records, but growing slowly.

        But the next largest (transact table) is about 50 000/month...
amount to 600 000 transaction records/year.

        Summary crosstab query is nearly forever. :-(

        Question.

        1. What is more cost-effectiveness between keeping data in
8-bytes Text and 8-bytes Number (Double)?. Between 1-byte text and
1-byte Number (Byte Size). Thinking in term of access speed, database
size, aggregrate query result.. etc.

        Please don't tell me to move to SQL server. I can't. :-(...

        2. What is the price of indexing every field, via indexing only
primary/foreign key?

        3. How can I speed up the join query? It's mostly left-join
between 10-15 reference tables and the main table.

        4. How can I reset the Last Number of CounterField type?

 * OLX 2.2 * ...Dream Weaver...

Fri, 26 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADODB, DataGrid, and Too Long Refresh Time on a Large MDB Database

2. How to increment retrieve records from extreme large MDB database(50M) via ADO like Access2000?

3. How to increment retrieve records from extreme large MDB database(50M) via ADO like Access2000?

4. Why does MDB database get so large?

5. Import large txt file to mdb?

6. Inserting large number of records into a large table with SQL/DAO

7. dim(large,large) - Help! Apple II

8. dim(large,large) - Help! Apple II

9. Managing/processing a large number of large arrays

10. Need VERY large numeric variables (maybe as large as 1MB)

11. forms larger than screen / printing large images via VB

12. Using mdb reference is allowed only from mdb file