I can't read dBase III file in Visual Basic
Author Message
 I can't read dBase III file in Visual Basic

are you running the program in the design evironment or are you running a
compiled .exe of the prog?  if the latter is the case, you need a
corresponding <your app>.ini file that includes the lines below from the
vb.ini file.

-paul-

Quote:

>I wish to  use Visual Basic to read dBase III file, system response:

>    Could Not Open Database:
>    Couldn't find installable ISAM.

>But I'm sure that I have installed these ISAM driver, the VB.INI
>contents is as following:

>[Installable ISAMs]
>Btrieve=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\btrv110.dll
>FoxPro 2.0=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\xbs110.dll
>FoxPro 2.5=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\xbs110.dll
>dBASE III=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\xbs110.dll
>dBASE IV=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\xbs110.dll
>Paradox 3.X=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\pdx110.dll

>[dBase ISAM]
>Deleted=On

>And I'm sure that xbs110.dll exists in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory

>I need someone to help me, thanks a lot.

Mon, 06 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 I can't read dBase III file in Visual Basic

Quote:

>are you running the program in the design evironment or are you running a
>compiled .exe of the prog?  if the latter is the case, you need a
>corresponding <your app>.ini file that includes the lines below from the
>vb.ini file.
>-paul-

I'm running the program in the design environment.
How to solve this problem? I appreciate more help.

-Benjamin Chen-

Tue, 07 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP- READING DBASE II FILES INTO VISUAL BASIC

2. VB# won't access dbase III file

3. VisualBASIC dBASE III Database reading problems

4. VC read dBase III

5. dBase III for Basic

6. dBase III for Basic

7. dBase III for Basic

8. can't access dbase III external database

9. dBase III access, won't work ????

10. Problems adding new records to ODBC source (dBASE III dbf's)

11. Linking a dBase III table to an Access 2000 database - won't open

12. open dbase type dbase III