Help on Update in VB4 32bit please
Author Message
 Help on Update in VB4 32bit please

Hello,

I wrote an application originally in VB4 16bit, which read an Access 2
database.  If I try and upgrade this to VB4 32 bit with the DAO object
3.5, my code no longer compiles.

I get errors on my updates and move nexts.  The recordsets I have open
are of table type.  Can some one tell me how I can use the DAO 3.5
driver please.

Thanks,

John

Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help on Update in VB4 32bit please

Bigger problem here is with Jet 3.5, the table object is no longer
compatible with DAO objects.  You need to change your parameter to
dbOpenDynaset.

Also, be sure to use the .OpenRecordset, .Edit, .AddNew, .Update, et. al.
with the <connection>, not the Database.

    Dim My Con as Connection

    Set MyCon = myWorkspace.OpenConnection(<your params here>)
    Set myTable = MyCon.OpenRecordset("My name", dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges
+ dbPessimistic)

Ed Otto

Quote:

>Joe,

>Thanks for your reply, but even when I enter in the parameters
>specified in the help, nothing works.

>Also can you tell me where to get the patch please.

>Thanks,

Thu, 03 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. PLEASE HELP ! : Calling DLL in 32bit VB4.0

2. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

3. Updating VB4 to VB5: please help

4. HELP******* VB4 32bit NOT SETTING FOCUS CORRECTLY *********HELP!

5. Please help: Problem updating the screen quickly in VB4.0

6. REQ: Help with RDC Control in VB4.0 32Bit

7. **HELP!! VB4/ 32BIT with CRYSTAL REPORTS

8. Help with ExtDeviceMode function in VB4.0 (32bit)

9. help with side scrolling vb4 32bit game

10. Help needed with Setup Wizard errors in VB4 32bit

11. Help with passing user defined types as variables in functions - VB4 32bit

12. Upgrade Problems: VB4.0/16Bit to VB4.0/32Bit