ADO recordsets / FIND
Author Message
 ADO recordsets / FIND

Greetings,

I have a VB app. which manages an Access DB via ADO (ActiveX Data Objects).

In this app., I have a form (frmContacts) which manages a table of contact
names.  As an added feature for this screen, I am building a utility which
will allow the user to perform searches on this table.  To this utility, I
am passing an existing ADO recordset (that is, the one which is being used
by form frmContacts).  However, I want to allow the user to perform searches
based on MORE THAN ONE criterion at a time (EXAMPLE:  State ="CA" and Name =
"John Doe")

If I perform the search by using the FIND method of an ADO recordset, I am
only allowed ONE criterion at a time (i.e., madorstContacts.Find
"State='CA'").  What is the best way in which I can I work around this so
that I can enable the user to perform multi-criteria searches and still be
able to use an existing ADO recordset as specified above?  Your kind help is
appreciated.   TIA.

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:42:14 GMT
 ADO recordsets / FIND
I would suggest using the Filter property of the recordset.

Quote:
> Greetings,

> I have a VB app. which manages an Access DB via ADO (ActiveX Data
> Objects).

> In this app., I have a form (frmContacts) which manages a table of
> contact names.  As an added feature for this screen, I am building a
> utility which will allow the user to perform searches on this table.
> To this utility, I am passing an existing ADO recordset (that is, the
> one which is being used by form frmContacts).  However, I want to allow
> the user to perform searches based on MORE THAN ONE criterion at a time
> (EXAMPLE:  State ="CA" and Name = "John Doe")

> If I perform the search by using the FIND method of an ADO recordset, I
> am only allowed ONE criterion at a time (i.e., madorstContacts.Find
> "State='CA'").  What is the best way in which I can I work around this
> so that I can enable the user to perform multi-criteria searches and
> still be able to use an existing ADO recordset as specified above?
> Your kind help is appreciated.   TIA.

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:56:18 GMT

1. ADO Recordset.Find question

2. ADO Recordset find method

3. ADO Recordset Find

4. ADO recordset find method

5. ADO Recordset Find method is case insensitive ?

6. ADO recordset Find method

7. ADO recordset find method error

8. ADO - recordset.find question

9. ADO recordset.find question

10. ADO Recordset Find Record

11. ADO Recordset Find method Problem

12. ADO.Recordset.Find doesn't like "LIKE *QAZ"