ado performance - ms-access vs odbc
Author Message
 ado performance - ms-access vs odbc

Hi all,

I have a VB 6 application using ado's rs.addnew to insert rows (

Quote:
>100000 ) to a table.

When this application uses ms-acess as the db it takes about 12 to 15
minutes. On the other hand when using Oracle 8i it takes about 25
minutes or so.
I am using the MS ODBC for oracle.

Does anyone know why there is a such a huge difference in
performance??

Also, when i try using .begintrans and .committrans methods with MS
ODBC Driver i get an error, while the same methods work fine using
Orcale ODBC Driver. Is this a known issue with MS ODBC.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik.

Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:46:55 GMT
 ado performance - ms-access vs odbc
Opps...if forgot to mention: I don't use a system DSN for ms-access. I
just open the .mdb file directly.
Quote:
> Hi all,

> I have a VB 6 application using ado's rs.addnew to insert rows (
> >100000 ) to a table.

> When this application uses ms-acess as the db it takes about 12 to 15
> minutes. On the other hand when using Oracle 8i it takes about 25
> minutes or so.
> I am using the MS ODBC for oracle.

> Does anyone know why there is a such a huge difference in
> performance??

> Also, when i try using .begintrans and .committrans methods with MS
> ODBC Driver i get an error, while the same methods work fine using
> Orcale ODBC Driver. Is this a known issue with MS ODBC.

> Thanks in advance,

> Karthik.

Sat, 19 Mar 2005 07:38:35 GMT

1. Performance comparison Visual Basic 3.0 vs MS ACCESS 2.0

2. Performance comparison Visual Basic 3.0 vs MS ACCESS 2.0

3. ADO's Performance vs DAO's Performance

4. ADO vs DAO when accessing data stored in MS Access

5. ODBC Connection Strings for LDAP<->ODBC in Visual Basic for MS Access

6. ADO: Performance Testing vs. DAO

7. ADO Jet 4.0 performance problem vs Jet 3.51

8. ADO vs DAO performance

9. Performance ADO Vs DAO

10. DAO vs ADO Performance

11. Migrating 16-bit ODBC DLL (SQLServer) to 32-bit ODBC DLL (MS Access)

12. Performance comparison: ADO, DAO, ODBC