Any problems with the Data Environment Designer?
Author Message
 Any problems with the Data Environment Designer?

I am considering using VB's Data Environment Designer to replace an MS
Access 2000 ADP that isn't working out well.  Has anyone had any
problems with the DED or come across any bugs?  Is it flexible?  Would
anyone recommend any alternatives?

--
James H. Robinson, III

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Any problems with the Data Environment Designer?
James,

My experience with DED is when VB6 was first released, and I had nothing but
trouble. Part of it was a data access learning curve, but after weeks of
trying to make DED work for me I finally gave up and went with straight ADO
code. The DED aspects of the application which are still in place still give
me problems like not being able to modify queries or make other simple
changes.

I don't know if these are bugs that have been fixed with service pack
upgrades or if I was just missing something. I would love to here some input
from someone who has had more experience with DED because it's a great
concept (that's why I had a hard time giving it up).

Eric Anderson

Quote:

> I am considering using VB's Data Environment Designer to replace an MS
> Access 2000 ADP that isn't working out well.  Has anyone had any
> problems with the DED or come across any bugs?  Is it flexible?  Would
> anyone recommend any alternatives?

> --
> James H. Robinson, III

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data Report Designer and Data Environment Problem

2. problem with child command in data environment designer

3. Data environment designer problem

4. data report / data environment designers

5. data report / data environment designers

6. Data Report Designer and Data Environment

7. Data Environment Designer

8. Data Environment Designer

9. Data Environment Designer

10. Error when using Data Environment Designer

11. Data environment designer

12. Data Environment Designer - User Controls