3050 error - Couldn't Lock File
Author Message
 3050 error - Couldn't Lock File

Can anyone explain what might cause this error?  I have a VB 4.0-32 app
accessing an Access 97 database.  The workstation in question has Access
95 installed.  Could this be the culprit?  All of my other users have
either no Access or Access 2.0 or Access 97 installed and the error
doesn't occur.

Any conflicts with DLLs?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 3050 error - Couldn't Lock File
Make sure your system.ini file contains the following
[386Enh]
device=vshare.386

This is a replacement for the old DOS share.exe and works with all Win versions
except NT.

Quote:

>Can anyone explain what might cause this error?  I have a VB 4.0-32 app
>accessing an Access 97 database.  The workstation in question has Access
>95 installed.  Could this be the culprit?  All of my other users have
>either no Access or Access 2.0 or Access 97 installed and the error
>doesn't occur.

>Any conflicts with DLLs?

>Any help would be appreciated.

Mon, 09 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 3050 error - Couldn't Lock File
The workstation is NT 3.51. Could upgrading the Access to 97 help?
Quote:

> Make sure your system.ini file contains the following
> [386Enh]
> device=vshare.386

> This is a replacement for the old DOS share.exe and works with all Win versions
> except NT.

> >Can anyone explain what might cause this error?  I have a VB 4.0-32 app
> >accessing an Access 97 database.  The workstation in question has Access
> >95 installed.  Could this be the culprit?  All of my other users have
> >either no Access or Access 2.0 or Access 97 installed and the error
> >doesn't occur.

> >Any conflicts with DLLs?

> >Any help would be appreciated.

Mon, 09 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 3050 - Couldn't Lock File

2. HELP: Error 3050 Couldn't lock file

3. Error 3050 , couldn't lock file

4. Error 3050 , couldn't lock file

5. Error 3050 - Couldn't Lock File

6. Error 3050 , couldn't lock file

7. ERROR - 3050 couldn′t lock file

8. Run-time error '3050': Could not lock file

9. 3050 locking errors (COULDN'T LOCK FILE) - any ideas?

10. 3050 locking errors (COULDN'T LOCK FILE) - any ideas?

11. VB Error 3050: Couldn't lock file; SHARE.EXE hasn't been loaded.

12. VB6 Error 3050 Could not Lock File