Connecting ADO Datacontrol and Datagrid to Foxpro Table
Author Message
 Connecting ADO Datacontrol and Datagrid to Foxpro Table

Thanks to everybody in advance:

I have been provided one each of a Foxpro *.dbf and *.dbt file.  I am
unfamiliar with FoxPro tables.  I wanted to view the contents of the *.dbf
file real quick, so I added an ADO datacontrol pointing to the *.dbf file
and added a datagrid with my ADO data control as the datasource.  I had done
this before with other *.dbf files with success.

ADO data control connection string is:
Driver={Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver};
SourceType=DBF;SourceDb=C:\Directorywheretableresides; Exclusive=No;

ADO Command Text SQL is:
SELECT * FROM MEMBERS

When I tried to view the form without the *.dbt file in the same path as the
*.dbf file, I received an error stating that it was missing and the datagrid
did not populate.  When I moved the *.dbt file into the same path and ran
the program, it ran, and the datagrid only populated the field names (no
rows of data were displayed).

In an ascii viewer, I viewed both files.  The *.dbf file had about 3000 rows
of data.  The *.dbt file had the same amount of rows (I believe these were
memo fields of some sort that were linked to the *.dbf file.)  Can anybody
tell me what it is, and how I use it?

Am I missing something that will enable me to view the data in my datagrid?
Or could it be a problem with the file(s)?

All help is appreciated,

JJB

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cannot bind DataGrid using ADO DataControl to an Acess 2000 table

2. ADO DataControl + DataGrid Control

3. VB6 Rebind Datagrid to ADO DataControl

4. Connecting VB to Visual Foxpro 5.0 Tables

5. connecting to visual foxpro table thru vb 6

6. How to connect visual foxpro database/table in VB6

7. How to connect to FoxPro Free Tables using VB 6

8. Connecting to FoxPro table

9. Connect to FoxPro table

10. How to connect to FoxPro Free Tables using VB 6

11. Connecting to a FoxPro file with ADO?

12. ADO connect to Visual FoxPro 6.0 Database