Crystal Reports - Main/Sub Reports
Author Message
 Crystal Reports - Main/Sub Reports

Hi, I'm new to VB and Crystal Reports and need to ask a simple question

Within crystal reports can you have subreports within a main report as in
Access?

I am looking to do a report on a vehicles services with the main
report containing the vehicle details and the subreport containing the
list of repairs carried out on the vehicle. The sub and main reports would
be linked by a service #.

Thanks, Greg.

Mon, 09 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports - Main/Sub Reports

says...

Quote:

>Hi, I'm new to VB and Crystal Reports and need to ask a simple question

>Within crystal reports can you have subreports within a main report as in
>Access?

>I am looking to do a report on a vehicles services with the main
>report containing the vehicle details and the subreport containing the
>list of repairs carried out on the vehicle. The sub and main reports would
>be linked by a service #.

That shouldn't be a problem.  Assuming you have two tables (one for the
vehicles and one for the service/parts) you would link the two tables by
service number.  You would then create a group based on service number,
placing the vehicle's data in the "service number" section, while placing
all the fields for the services and parts in the details section.

As long as the report does not require two sections which "list" records,
Crystal should be able to handle it.  In your case, the only list is the
parts/services.  The vehicle information (I assume) would come from one
record so it is just a matter of placing the necessary fields from that table
right into the "service number" section.

I hope this makes sense...

--
Emilio Galasso
University of Toronto: Computer Science

Sun, 15 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. sub report doesn't abid to main report

2. Using totals of sub-reports in main- report

3. sub report changes its source stored procedure to main report's stored procedure

4. Passing values from the sub report, onto the main report

5. Total Sub-reports in Main-report HOW?

6. Suppress Main Reports Page Header on sub-report

7. REports and sub-reports in Crystal Reports

8. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

9. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

10. Crystal Reports, sub-report question

11. Q: Pass a SQL query from VB to crystal report sub-report

12. sub-report (2 query's ) in crystal reports