VB 4.0 & Access 7.0 Crystal Reports
Author Message
 VB 4.0 & Access 7.0 Crystal Reports

I've created a mailing labels report.
When I use a data control on a form I just get a list from the data
control and its not in my label format.

Thanks in advance.

Rich Lee

Sat, 21 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 4.0 & Access 7.0 Crystal Reports

I had to read this question four times before it made sense...
Anyway, your problem is that when you bind a datacontrol to an access
database you only have access to objects that return recordsets. These are
tables and queries. An Access report can only be executed from Access.
However, you can use OLE to execute the report , but this requires that
you have access running and you would need to do some major stuffing
around to satisfactorily preview the report.

Quote:
> I've created a mailing labels report.
> When I use a data control on a form I just get a list from the data
> control and its not in my label format.

> Thanks in advance.

> Rich Lee

Thu, 26 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 4.0 & Access 7.0 Crystal Reports

Let me revise my previous answer, The same is also true for Crystal
Reports. You cannot link a data control to a Crystal Report. Similarly you
cannot open a recordset based on a crystal report. It is not a database
object AT ALL. The list you are getting is data from the database as
specified in the recordsource property of your datacontrol.

Quote:
> I've created a mailing labels report.
> When I use a data control on a form I just get a list from the data
> control and its not in my label format.

> Thanks in advance.

> Rich Lee

Thu, 26 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please help in VB 4.0 trying to access MS access 7.0 forms and reports

2. VB 4.0 & Access 7.0

3. VB 6.0, Crystal Reports 7.0, Access 97 - error

4. iis 4.0 + crystal reports 7.0

5. Crystal Report 5.0 & VB 4.0

6. VB 4.0 can NOT access Access 7.0 .MDB

7. VB 4.0 (32-bit) accessing password protected Access 7.0 database

8. VB 4.0 (32-bit) accessing password protected Access 7.0 database

9. REPORTS and VB 4.0: Access or Crystal??

10. VB 3.0 + Access 2.0 + Crystal Reports 4.0

11. Crystal Report - VB 4.0/16 - Access

12. VB 4.0, Crystal Reports and Access via ODBC