im new need help
Author Message
 im new need help

hi all

im new to programming and went out and bought the learners version of
vb and was wondering if it is a the full program if not do u know where i
can find an upgrade to it

thanx
jeff

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 im new need help
Jeff -

Bad news.  I made the same mistake when I was just starting out.

I called Microsoft to find out what the "upgrade" product was - hoping that
I could pay only the difference between the Learning edition and the
Professional edition.  I was told that the upgrade was the regular upgrade
version (vb4.0 to vb5.0).  They didn't have a version to go from one edition
to the other.  The good news is that you won't have to pay full price for VB
pro or enterprise, the bad news is you have to pay more than you should . .
.

In answer to your other question, the learner's version is not the full
program.  It is *not* disabled or anything, but it does lack several key
features - like DAO (which I could not live without).

If you are thinking about upgrading, however, I would wait until vb 6.0
makes it debut some time this month or next.  Then evaluate the features
that you think you will need.  The enterprise edition, for example, has
several new toys that might make me upgrade to this version even though I
won't use all of the functionality.  There are several good magazines out
right now that discuss the new feaures.  In any event, no sense buying a
product that will be outdated before you get it home . . .

Sorry there isn't a better answer for you!

-- Charles H. Davidson

Quote:

>hi all

>im new to programming and went out and bought the learners version of
>vb and was wondering if it is a the full program if not do u know where i
>can find an upgrade to it

>thanx
>jeff

Mon, 05 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. praktikum im ausland jobs und praktika im ausland jobs und praktika im ausland 2007 jobvermittlung ehrenamtlich arbeiten im ausland job vermittlung ausland jobboerse arbeit stellenangebote fuer ausland arbeiten im ausland spanien

2. Im New At This Please Help

3. I need help with a datediff problem ( a fairly new user who needs help)

4. jobs im ausland usa jobboerse bremen job angebote im ausland arbeitsagentur ausland

5. Ok im about to show how new i am to VB

6. im new at ADO

7. Help im being Stupid !!!!

8. Please Help!!!(Im desperate)

9. Please Help!!!(Im desperate)

10. Can someone please help im going insane

11. Please Help!!! (Im desperate)

12. IM A NEWBIE. HELP ME