VB 6.0 & SQl server 6.5
Author Message
 VB 6.0 & SQl server 6.5

1)    How do I query a SQL executive scheduled task from VB 6.0 so that I
can read it's history, to tell if it worked ok.  The problem I have is that
I have a scheduled task which copies a zip file of backups that have taken
place each night onto an arcserve fileserver.  This is happening on 7
databases, so I want to write a VB program which interrogates all the
scheduled tasks to check their status.  I need to read it's history, so
sometimes it ends with a process code 0 (success), but the actual copy job
did not work due to network problem etc.

2)    How do I stop and start SQL server and SQL executive from VB.  There
is a command line statement which does this (Something like net stop
sqlexecutive /u), but I want to also tell that the server has stopped, or
that the server has come back on-line again.  I'd like to do this with an
API call, and not issuing the above as a dos shell command.

If you can help with any of the above, could you reply also to

as I very rarely have time to read this newsgroup, and I may miss a reply.

Regards,

Scot Brown

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 6.0 & SQL Server 6.5

2. VB & SQL Server 6.5 Contract

3. NEWBIE:VB & SQL Server 6.5 Bound Controls

4. VB 4.0 & SQL Server 6.5 (Identity Column)

5. VB 5.0 & Stored Procedure (SQL Server 6.5)

6. VB3, Intersolv MultiLink VB & SQL Server 6.5

7. VB4 RDO Performance: SQL Server 6.0 vs 6.5

8. SQL Server 6.0 vs 6.5

9. DAO Update Deadlocks SQL Server 6.5, but not 6.0

10. Visual Basic & SQL server 6.5

11. CR 6.0 - SQL 6.5 - DSN Changed - VB 5.0

12. Testing for no returned rows in recordset from SQL 6.5 using VB 6.0