Working Directory
Author Message
 Working Directory

Does anyone know how I can find the value for the Working Directory
path for an application run from Program Manager that is created by
VB3.

TIA
John

Sun, 10 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Working Directory

look at the curdir function

Quote:

> Does anyone know how I can find the value for the Working Directory
> path for an application run from Program Manager that is created by
> VB3.

> TIA
> John

Sun, 10 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Working Directory

Quote:

>Does anyone know how I can find the value for the Working Directory
>path for an application run from Program Manager that is created by
>VB3.

Try this:

dim path as string
path =3D App.Path

Works in VB 4.0 at least :-)

Regards,
Tor Harald Lothe
Trondheim College of Engineering, dept. of computer science
Norway

Sun, 10 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Working Directory

Quote:

> Does anyone know how I can find the value for the Working Directory
> path for an application run from Program Manager that is created by
> VB3.

> TIA
> John

unless I misunderstand your question..the answer is:
    App.Path    will give you what you want.

thomas
--

=====================================

Sun, 10 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Working Directory

Quote:

> > Does anyone know how I can find the value for the Working Directory
> > path for an application run from Program Manager that is created by
> > VB3.

> > TIA
> > John
> unless I misunderstand your question..the answer is:
>     App.Path    will give you what you want.

That gives the location of the EXE. CurDir gives the current
working directory, which can be changed with ChDrive and ChDir.

Why is this in comp.lang.basic.visual.database and
comp.lang.basic.visual.3rdparty? Followups set to
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc.

[snip]

Mon, 11 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Working Directory

Quote:

>>Does anyone know how I can find the value for the Working Directory
>>path for an application run from Program Manager that is created by
>>VB3.

>Try this:

>dim path as string
>path =3D App.Path

>Works in VB 4.0 at least :-)

Nope.  That gives the path to the executable file.

Regards,

Tue, 12 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Working Directory

Is CurDir what you are looking for???

Directly from help:
This example uses the CurDir function to return the current path.

' Assume current path on C drive is "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM".
' Assume current path on D drive is "D:\EXCEL".
' Assume C is the current drive.
Dim MyPath
MyPath = CurDir ' Returns "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM".
MyPath = CurDir("C")  ' Returns "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM".
MyPath = CurDir("D")  ' Returns "D:\EXCEL".

Quote:

John=

> >>Does anyone know how I can find the value for the Working Directory
> >>path for an application run from Program Manager that is created by
> >>VB3.

> >Try this:

> >dim path as string
> >path =3D App.Path

> >Works in VB 4.0 at least :-)

> Nope.  That gives the path to the executable file.

> Regards,

Tue, 12 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Working Directory

Quote:

>Does anyone know how I can find the value for the Working Directory
>path for an application run from Program Manager that is created by
>VB3.

        Not sure about VB 3 but in VB 4, if I understand you correctly, it
would be in app.path.  ie:  WorkingDirectory = App.Path

Wed, 13 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Working Directory

writes:

Quote:

>>Does anyone know how I can find the value for the Working Directory
>>path for an application run from Program Manager that is created by
>>VB3.

>    Not sure about VB 3 but in VB 4, if I understand you correctly, it
>would be in app.path.  ie:  WorkingDirectory = App.Path

app.path will wor in VB3

Wed, 27 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Working Directory

Try   App.path
App is a global object with several information about your aplication.
Paulo

Quote:

> Does anyone know how I can find the value for the Working Directory
> path for an application run from Program Manager that is created by
> VB3.

> TIA
> John

Sun, 14 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to set working directory at runtime?

2. Current working directory for Excel

3. looking / storing working directory

4. Uptain working directories?

5. shell command and working directory

6. Working directory

7. looking / storing working directory

8. Setting Working Directory

9. How to get working directory of program?

10. How to find current working directory?

11. How to find current working directory?

12. Working Directory