Help:FarPoint grid/smartheap error
Author Message
 Help:FarPoint grid/smartheap error

I have an application (VB 3.0 win 3.1) which uses Farpoints Grid/VBX (1.0)
with an access database.  The app consisted of several forms and bound grids
and worked quite well.  I then added a new form with a bound grid and all
of a sudden the app keeps crashing as soon as the form load event for the
new form starts running.  The code is duplicated from other forms which
run successfully. The first thing which appears is a window with:

           SMARTHEAP LIBRARY
     out of memory. please free some memory
     and then choose retry

Of course you can't do anything to free up memory since the window is
modal, so you are forced to hit abort, at which time you get

         APPLICATION ERRROR

   VB caused a general protection fault in module
   FPGrid.VBX at 0003.9B06

I have done this with no other apps other than VB running on the computer.
The computer has 8 meg of RAM (I also tried this on a 16 meg computer
with no luck) and shows more than 560 K of base RAM available.

If anyone could provide assistance I would appreciate it.  Also, what is
the smartheap library?

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. NEED HELP: grid control vaspread Farpoint 2.5.020

2. VB5 Smartheap Library Error

3. Smartheap LIbrary Error using rich text control

4. Grid controls: Farpoint Spread 2.5 vs. ProtoView DataTable

5. Problems with FarPoint Grid

6. FarPoint grid question

7. Grid controls: Farpoint Spread 2.5 vs. ProtoView DataTable

8. Farpoint's GRID and SQL search

9. Grid controls: Farpoint Spread 2.5 vs. ProtoView DataTable

10. Farpoint Spread vs. Apex True Grid

11. Grid controls: Farpoint Spread 2.5 vs. ProtoView DataTable

12. Grid controls: Farpoint Spread 2.5 vs. ProtoView DataTable