Sql Help
Author Message
 Sql Help

Hi there

I have a sql string that are added together depending on the dates. If
a person enters 1/5/99 to 17/5/99 then the sql Statement is 12 (ms
word) pages long and if i run the Query through Visual Basic then it
gives me this error "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
-2147217833 error: [Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver]Invalid string or
buffer length.     0"

But if I run it from 1/5/99 to 10/5/99 then it runs perfect and the
SQL Statement is 6 (ms word) pages long. The sql statement is just
adding a Union to the same sql statement but for each day.

Please help me if you know what the error is.

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Sql Help
The error is probably that ODBC has a limit on its size for a SQL
command string. The *problem* however, is that you're sending a twelve
page SQL string. I haven't seen the string that you're sending, but I
can almost guarantee that there is a more efficient way to do whatever
it is that you're trying to do. I would work on figuring out another way
to write the SQL code.

   Good luck,
      -Tom.

Quote:
> Hi there

> I have a sql string that are added together depending on the dates. If
> a person enters 1/5/99 to 17/5/99 then the sql Statement is 12 (ms
> word) pages long and if i run the Query through Visual Basic then it
> gives me this error "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
> -2147217833 error: [Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver]Invalid string or
> buffer length.     0"

> But if I run it from 1/5/99 to 10/5/99 then it runs perfect and the
> SQL Statement is 6 (ms word) pages long. The sql statement is just
> adding a Union to the same sql statement but for each day.

> Please help me if you know what the error is.

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Help - SQL sub-query

2. Access SQL to Visual Basic SQL Help

3. Good Reporting Tool for VB to SQL (Currently Use Crystal) or Crystal w/SQL Help Appreciated

4. SQL Help (WWW to SQL)

5. SQL HELP: Access to SQL Server

6. SQL help problem. Please help

7. querydef sql help