VB/Access and dBASE IV mdx files?
Author Message
 VB/Access and dBASE IV mdx files?

Anyone out there have a solution?
I am having problems getting dBASE IV indexes to work in Access 2.0
Using VB I use
 Set GBL_Database = OpenDatabase(databaseFile$, False, False, "dBase IV;")
to open dBASE IV files.

I have an Table.Inf file:
[dBASE IV]
MDX1=table.mdx

The keys in the Table.mdx file are:
KeyTag1 Key1 (Non Unique)
KeyTag2 Key2 (Non Unique)
KeyTag3 Key3 (Non Unique)

I can use these indexes in dBASE and other programs so the mdx is good
but when I try to use this with VB/Access join queries dont work. If
I remove the mdx files I get an error index not found. If I remove the
*.inf files the queries start working without using indexes.
What am I doing wrong.

Thanks

Sun, 03 Aug 1997 08:22:28 GMT
 VB/Access and dBASE IV mdx files?

Quote:
>The keys in the Table.mdx file are:
>KeyTag1 Key1 (Non Unique)
>KeyTag2 Key2 (Non Unique)
>KeyTag3 Key3 (Non Unique)

>I can use these indexes in dBASE and other programs so the mdx is good
>but when I try to use this with VB/Access join queries dont work. If
>I remove the mdx files I get an error index not found. If I remove the
>*.inf files the queries start working without using indexes.
>What am I doing wrong.

Get rid of the .inf file.. You also don't need it with VB 3.0

Mon, 11 Aug 1997 02:44:56 GMT

1. Dbase IV MDX Question

2. Accessing existing dBase 5.0 Index files(mdx)

3. Using dbase MDX Files in VB Apps w/DAO

4. dBASE Index files .MDX usage in VB

5. Accessing the memo field of a DBase IV file

6. Accessing dBASE IV file in VB3

7. HELP needed: How to convert Access Data into dBase IV with VB

8. Read DBase IV files with VB 3.0 Prof.

9. VB and dBASE IV files

10. Using dBase files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports

11. using DBASE-files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports

12. dBASE IV table into Access Database table?