Help: Want to Print SelectionFormula on the Report at run time
Author Message
 Help: Want to Print SelectionFormula on the Report at run time

Hi all,

I have generated a bunch of reports for my clients and creted a form
in VB for them to input SelectionFormula and SortField at run-time.
The rports came out the way I want them to be.  I also want to print
the Selection and Sort information on the top of the report but not
able to figure a way.

I tried to look for any methods in Crystal OCX to allow me to do this
and couldn't find anything.  I guess I have to create some sort of
string and pass them back to crystal.  Can anyone give me a hint on
how to accomplich this?  Or is there a better way?

Thanks!

Fan

Fri, 26 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Want to Print SelectionFormula on the Report at run time

Quote:

>I tried to look for any methods in Crystal OCX to allow me to do this
>and couldn't find anything.  I guess I have to create some sort of
>string and pass them back to crystal.  Can anyone give me a hint on
>how to accomplich this?  Or is there a better way?

it is the only way I know of.  create a formula in the report:

PassSelect as ''
and print it where you what it.

in vb set formulas(0) = "PassSelect='" & recordselctionformula & "'"

 http://home.rica.net/wmingee

Sat, 27 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Want to Print SelectionFormula on the Report at run time

What I do is:

When I build the SelectionFormula, I also build the User Fiendly Criteria
String and them pass it back to the Crystal Report as a formula.

That the only way I know!

Sat, 27 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Want to Print SelectionFormula on the Report at run time

Quote:

>Hi all,

>I have generated a bunch of reports for my clients and creted a form
>in VB for them to input SelectionFormula and SortField at run-time.
>The rports came out the way I want them to be.  I also want to print
>the Selection and Sort information on the top of the report but not
>able to figure a way.

place them on your report where you want this information to print out.

Then, set the Formulas property in the VBX/OCX to redefine these
formulas.  Then they will print out the info you want.

i.e.
Report1.Formulas(0) = "SelectionFormula = " & Report1.SelectionFormula

you can do the same for the SortFields...

Jeremy Markman

Sat, 27 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Want to Print SelectionFormula on the Report at run time

2. Print and Export button in Crystal Report View not using SelectionFormula

3. run-time report printing problem

4. Run Time error when printing Crystal Report.

5. Run Time error when printing Crystal Report.

6. Run Time error when printing Crystal Report.

7. Run Time Error when printing Crystal Report

8. Help: Date/Time in SelectionFormula

9. Crystal Reports - need help w/ SelectionFormula property

10. HELP!! Printing at run-time

11. Need Help : Crystal Report SelectionFormula

12. Need help with SelectionFormula in Crystal Reports 4.6