krnl386 error on some computers, not others.
Author Message
 krnl386 error on some computers, not others.

Help

I have a vb3 program that runs fine on some computers and not on others.

The exe and code run fine on an IBM laptop and a very slow generic

computer.

It does not run on some other, slow IBM's and Compaq's. Installed Memory

and speed don't seem to matter. One of the two that works is a 8meg

33mgtz.

All are Windows 3.1 or 3.11

The error is MyEXE caused an error in krnl386 at, and I think the

address is 93bd.

I'm having this problem, with some variations, with 3 exe's.

One shows no form and shows the above error. It's main form has alot of

controls.

Another shows the main form which has few controls, and other forms

within

the program work, but only those with few controls.

The form with the most controls produces the above error.

The third exe shows the main form, but when it references a second form

with

many controls, the exe hangs. Ctrl-Alt-Del shows that the exe has stoped

responding.

I have a feeling its related to the resources that Windows requires.

Something

to do with UMB ? I've toyed with the autoexec.bat and config.sys, but

I'm not sure

what to change.

Any ideas are welcome.

I'll post fixes.

Thanks

Mike Schlosser

Mon, 30 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 krnl386 error on some computers, not others.

Quote:

>I have a feeling its related to the resources that Windows requires.
>Something
>to do with UMB ? I've toyed with the autoexec.bat and config.sys, but
>I'm not sure
>what to change.

could also be an old dll  or vbx. goto my site and get dsx or dsx32
they will help check on this

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 krnl386 error on some computers, not others.

<snip>

Quote:
> I have a feeling its related to the resources that Windows requires.
> Something to do with UMB ? I've toyed with the autoexec.bat and
> config.sys, but I'm not sure what to change.

Have you tried changing or recreating the Windows swap file? Sometimes
if this file is recreated it clears errors like this. Make it about 8Mb
min - 12Mb max and create it permanent. Good luck.

Diarmaid Eoin McGleenan
University of Sunderland, UK
----------------------------

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. krnl386 error on some computers, not others.

2. Error 3071...Why on one machine and not on others

3. Error$ returns "Function not defined" on some Win95 computers but not others

4. VB3 krnl386 error

5. GVBSETUP generated an error in krnl386.exe

6. GPF error in module KRNL386.exe!

7. KRNL386.exe error

8. DCOM component working on single computer but not over network Error Number : 429

9. DCOM component working on single computer but not over network Error Number : 429

10. DCOM component working on single computer but not over network Error Number : 429

11. why will a report run on my home computer and not on my work computer

12. Excel file opened in IE3 - on one machine starts Excel, others does not