Problems accessing Jet Databse on a Novell 32 Client for Windows 95
Author Message
 Problems accessing Jet Databse on a Novell 32 Client for Windows 95

I am currently using a Novell Netware 32 Client running on a Windows 95
workstation.  Our application is written in VB4.0a 32-bit and makes use
of the Jet 3.0 format.  We have a main control panel which opens the
database, and shells off several subapplications which also access the
same database.  When running on a local drive it seems that any number
of the subapps can access the database simultaneously, however we get
the error "3043: Disk or Network error" if we mount the database on the
server.  The questions that we need answering are:

1) has anybody experienced a similar problem, and
2)  how did they solve it?

Any helpful advice gratefully received

Clyde Davies

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. API for Novell Server/Windows 95 client OS

2. Novell Client install on Windows 95.

3. Problems with VB4-32 on Windows 95

4. Problems with VB4 32 bibit and Windows 95

5. Accessing external tables with JET and windows 95 network neighbourhood

6. Database sharing with VB 4.0 and 32-bit Novell client

7. Database sharing with VB 4.0 and 32-bit Novell client

8. Conversion of DOS Btreive to Windows 95 (32-bit)

9. 32-bit ODBC driver for Oracle via SQL*Net on Windows 95

10. Visigenic Technical Note for 32-bit ODBC for Oracle on Windows 95

11. Windows 95 and the FAT-32

12. Conversion of DOS Btreive to Windows 95 (32-bit)