RDO/RDC to access an Access database
Author Message
 RDO/RDC to access an Access database

Don't ask me why I would want to do this, it's a long story, but...

If I have an NT Server with an Access .MDB database on it, and I
want to access it from a workstation (running 95 or NT) using
RDO/RDC what do I need to do.

Is it enough to ensure I have the Access ODBC driver installed
on the workstation and then just set the appropriate connect
string to access the database?  If so, where are all the
numerous DLL's required to access an Access database going to
be (if anywhere)?

I'm trying to write a program that is easily scaleable and
would like to use Access databases for initial coding and
testing and, possibly, for smaller customers, but also be able
to scale up to SQL Server for larger installations without
having to change anything in my application but the ODBC
connect string.

Any help GREATLY appreciated1!

Richard

Tue, 15 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. lock table for concurrent user-access with RDO and Access-Database

2. lock table for concurrent user-access with RDO and Access-Database

3. concurrent user-access with RDO and Access-Database

4. concurrent user-access with RDO and Access-Database

5. lock table for concurrent user-access with RDO and Access-Database

6. concurrent user-access with RDO and Access-Database

7. Can't use DBGrid to access database through RDC

8. using RDC with an Access database?

9. rdo connection to access database

10. insert records into remote access database throught rdo

11. VB/RDO Oracle Application accessing Oracle database over PPP connection

12. rdo dsnless connection to a internet based access database