Dbase or other databases
Author Message
 Dbase or other databases

Can anyone helpp answer this?

I'm new to VB and I am thinking of writing some app to use some existing
Dbase files?

1) Do I need any special licensing to distribuite my apps (when they access
my Dbase style files)?

2) I am asking the above, because I was previously told by a VB programmer
that to use a app he wrote, the site would also have to purchase MS Access.
Is this to a particular version of VB or is this not necessary? For myself,
I am using VB 6.

3) Can anyone tell me where to start in VB 6? I've had  ago with the usual
Northwind.mdb but I need to learn how to hook up to Dbase files as well (I
will gradually phase the pass away from Dbase though).

Many Thanks

Michael

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 10:14:34 GMT

1. finding out if others are logged on to a database

2. Making databases R/W to my app, R/O to others

3. Connect to dBase database

4. how to use vb6 to connect dbase database?

5. Creating dbase III database file

6. SQL query on multiple dBASE databases

7. Creating Database Object, dBase

8. dBASE IV table into Access Database table?

9. Reindex a Dbase database

10. Create a .dbf(dbase III) database

11. Packing dBase database

12. Importing dBASE files into Access database