Help- calling oracle procedure from VB5 RDO
Author Message
 Help- calling oracle procedure from VB5 RDO

Hi Every One,

I have a problem calling stored procedures in Oracle from Visual Basic(VB)
and I like to know if there is a solution.

Here is some preview to my problem:

        Normally Oracle Stored Procedures can be called from VB, but the
problem comes when the parameters are passed through the stored procedures.
By using RDO in VB5 and Microsoft ODBC for Oracle, I succeeded in calling
Oracle stored procedure from VB.

        However when I call another user's stored procedure with parameters,
then I run into problem.. Here is the section of the VB code:

Public qSP As rdoQuery
Public con As rdoConnection

Set qSP = con.CreateQuery ("vb5rdo", "{ call chen.testproc ( ? , ? )}")
' Chen is the other user in Oracle
qSP.rdoParameters(0).Direction = rdParamInput
' and the procedure name is testproc with two
qSP.rdoParameters(1).Direction = rdParamInput
qSP(0) = "input_str1"
' these are the two inputs to the procedure
qSP(1) = "input_str2"
qSP.Execute
qSP.Close

        Any help will be greatly appreciated.

        Mahesh Yadav

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. RDO 2.0 and calling Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures

2. RDO Error while retrieving resultset from ORACLE stored procedure using VB5

3. RDO Error retrieving resultset from ORACLE strored procedure from VB5

4. Calling an Oracle function from VB5 using RDO

5. VB6 ug of VB5 Oracle : Invalid Procedure call

6. VB5 program calls Oracle stored procedure via ODBC

7. HELP:Calling Oracle SP in PACKAGE using RDO?

8. HELP:Calling Oracle SP in PACKAGE using RDO?

9. HELP: VB5, RDO and Oracle

10. HELP: VB5, RDO and Oracle

11. Help required calling Oracle stored procedures

12. Please Help! (VB5 + ODBCdirect + Oracle + Stored Procedures) = YUCK