Connecting to Access via Visual Basic via Internet
Author Message
 Connecting to Access via Visual Basic via Internet

Using Visual Basic executable on LAN which connects to Access DB file on
the LAN server via the call OpenDatabase(name, False, True).  When run
by a person authorized for read only permission, Error 3050 (Couldn't
lock file) is encountered.  Please Help!

Chaim

Fri, 18 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Connecting to Access via Visual Basic via Internet

Quote:

> Using Visual Basic executable on LAN which connects to Access DB file on
> the LAN server via the call OpenDatabase(name, False, True).  When run
> by a person authorized for read only permission, Error 3050 (Couldn't
> lock file) is encountered.  Please Help!

> Chaim

I belive this is  a problem related to the lock-file. That is, this user isn't
allowed to write to the lock file. The database lockfile must be open and
writable for everyone, even those with readonly access to the database.

So, check the permissions on the lockfile.

--
|tlf:22 23 67 57 - *Jon Arne Hegge* - mob: 90 78 52 48|

--===> Wherever you are, there you are <===--
--
|tlf:22 23 67 57 - *Jon Arne Hegge* - mob: 90 78 52 48|

--===> Wherever you are, there you are <===--

Sat, 19 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Connecting to Access via Visual Basic via Internet

Quote:
>Using Visual Basic executable on LAN which connects to Access DB file on
>the LAN server via the call OpenDatabase(name, False, True).  When run
>by a person authorized for read only permission, Error 3050 (Couldn't
>lock file) is encountered.  Please Help!

Set the database as multiuser

use the  a workspace when opening the database

set mydata = dbengine.workspaces(0).opendatabase

Wed, 23 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP!!: Can Connect via VB/Can't via ASP

2. Accessing Borland dBase files via VISUAL BASIC

3. Accessing Borland dBase files via Visual Basic

4. sql-server access via visual basic

5. Access i/o port via visual basic 4.0

6. Accessing DB2 from Visual Basic via CAE/DOS

7. MS Visual Basic -> MS Access via ODBC

8. Accessing Response Object VIA Visual Basic

9. Accessing the IE4 proxy setting via Visual Basic or Scripting

10. compacting access databse via visual basic code

11. FOX Pro - Accessing via Visual Basic v4.0 Professional 16-bit

12. compacting access databse via visual basic code