Problem opening Access 2K database with VB6
Author Message
 Problem opening Access 2K database with VB6

I am having difficulty in opening a Access 2000 database using ADO and VB6,
the database was created on my PC.

I have upgraded VB6 to SP5 and have MS ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.6
Library.

If I covert the database to a prior version using the the utility under the
Access tools menu I can open the file with no problem.

Can someone explain why I can't open a 2000 database with VB6 and what I can
to to correct the problem.

TIA

Steve

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:21:15 GMT
 Problem opening Access 2K database with VB6
Most likely to are trying to read the Access database using the Jet 3.5
engine, which can not read an Access 2000 database with the Jet 3.5 engine.
You will need to use the Jet 4.0 engine for Access 2000.

Quote:
> I am having difficulty in opening a Access 2000 database using ADO and
VB6,
> the database was created on my PC.

> I have upgraded VB6 to SP5 and have MS ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.6
> Library.

> If I covert the database to a prior version using the the utility under
the
> Access tools menu I can open the file with no problem.

> Can someone explain why I can't open a 2000 database with VB6 and what I
can
> to to correct the problem.

> TIA

> Steve

Fri, 09 Jul 2004 06:15:54 GMT

1. VB 6 Database and Access 2K Database Problem

2. Access 2K VBA with currently open database

3. Problems opening Access 2k DB with VB 6.0 SP4

4. problems opening password-protected Access 2k db

5. ADO 2.5, VB6 & Access 2k problem

6. VB6 accessing simple password protected Access database problems

7. Access secure database - How to open it with VB6

8. VB6 does not Open Access 2000 database?

9. VB6: Open Access database with ADO and convert currencies to euro's

10. Opening a secured Access 97 database in VB6

11. VB6: Open Access database with ADO and convert currencies to euro's

12. Unabled to open Access 2K from VB5