VB3 program OK in WIn 3.1 but not in WIN 95
Author Message
 VB3 program OK in WIn 3.1 but not in WIN 95

I have a simple VB3 Access 1.1 database program which runs perfectly in
Win3.1
I copied  the program  & the database  files to another computer using
W95 and got a 'file not found' error at line 100

50    form1.DATA1.databasename = "phones.mdb"
70    form1.DATA1.recordsource = "Select * from phone order by name"

'(phone is the table)
100  form1.DATA1.REFRESH
200  etc

All the files are in the same directory & I have checked their names
using VB3's DIR$
and W95's 'Find'. They are there. Their attributes & sizes are OK.
I even reconstructed a new test database file using the same field
structure. Same result.
I have another VB3 database program which runs perfectly in W95 on the
same computer & drive.
Can anyone suggest possible causes for this odd behaviour ?

Graham Rice

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB3 program OK in WIn 3.1 but not in WIN 95

Found that the missing file was a DLL, not my .mdb file.
The error message did not name the missing file.

Quote:

> I have a simple VB3 Access 1.1 database program which runs perfectly in
> Win3.1
> I copied  the program  & the database  files to another computer using
> W95 and got a 'file not found' error at line 100

> 50    form1.DATA1.databasename = "phones.mdb"
> 70    form1.DATA1.recordsource = "Select * from phone order by name"

> '(phone is the table)
> 100  form1.DATA1.REFRESH
> 200  etc

> All the files are in the same directory & I have checked their names
> using VB3's DIR$
> and W95's 'Find'. They are there. Their attributes & sizes are OK.
> I even reconstructed a new test database file using the same field
> structure. Same result.
> I have another VB3 database program which runs perfectly in W95 on the
> same computer & drive.
> Can anyone suggest possible causes for this odd behaviour ?

> Graham Rice

Thu, 27 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win 3.1, Win 95, VB3 and Setup !!!

2. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

3. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

4. Sound differences between Win 3.1 and Win 95

5. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

6. Prints in 95/NT - Not Win 3.1

7. Creating 16 bit vb4.0 app under '95 will not run under win 3.1

8. Creating a Program Item in Win 3.1 and Win NT

9. VB3 win 3.1. program group creation

10. VB3:Properties change when created in Win 3.11 and transferred to Win 95

11. Problem: Win 3.1 crashes with PB 3.1 programs

12. Colors in Win 3.1 and 95...